Sunday, August 10, 2008

"In the zone"

Have been thinking about this for a while. For a problem to be solved in the best possible way, one needs to let go of everything else, such as :

1. What happens if I don't do this job good?
2. What happens if I do this job good?
3. How can I make this job the most profitable for me?
4. How do I make sure I get visible for this particular problem that I solved or will solve?
5.. and so on.

I don't know but a lot of people seem to approach to a problem while thinking about all or some of the above points, which are just distractions from the main problem. The more you think about these, the less you think about the problem in hand and the less chance for you to solve it.

For solving a problem, I feel you need to just let go of all other surrounding stuff and in some cases even your own personal ego and past experience, and just focus on the problem. I think, then and only then you get to the best solution and other things take care of themselves automatically. This is the ideal state of mind so that all your mind works towards the problem and the best solution is bound to occur to you.

I suppose all great achievers work like this. In cricket, this is called being "in the zone". There are days when a batsman or bowler can do no wrong. His performance is so intense and so focused, that he always looks in the utmost control however bad the situation is.

The key to great accomplishments is to be "in the zone" as much as you can without any distractions.

No comments: